Friday, June 26, 2009

Objects Defying the Event Horizon of my Office



My little home office can be a bit of a 'black hole' of data. I'm a pretty disorganized person, and a pack rat to boot, so it's not uncommon for me to simply 'lose' things for long spans of time, only to rediscover them at a later date when their relevance is significantly less immediate. (Sadly, I also lose and accidentally destroy or fail to back up a lot of stuff too.)

I was recently rummaging through my office looking for my copy of "Shivering King and Others" by Dead Meadow. I had found a stack of naked discs and was rifling through them. Among them was a data dvd entitled "Strangers with Candy + MP3s" and it turned out to contain vhs quality rips of SWC a friend had given me, and about 12 folders of mp3s. Though none of them were DM, one of them was a folder of audio mixes from the "International Hits Winter Formal 2005" featuring a list of local atlanta luminaries and rapscallions alike performing certified Billboard hits from the 70's. Many of the performances were marred by alcohol, over-excitement, mustaches, and a serious case of the flu being passed around by the band. Otherwise, it was a memorably fun evening for all who participated. Great costumery and celebration ensued.

The show was closed by Lopez, probably the only sober person in the room - he took over and totally eased us all into oblivion with a really inspiring version of John Lennon's "Instant Karma", which I offer to you now as a gift.

Click Here For Instant Karma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to this Blog and Receive iHits updates via email.
Enter your email address:

The Selmanaires Live @ DAEL 2007

iTunes has Atlanta's best - for your pod